Kamloops Weeklong Spring School
CUPE BC is also presenting a weeklong school at Kamloops with subjects like: Introduction to Stewarding, Human Rights, Communicating/Social Media, Health & Safety, etc. Their brochure has more details. If you have been thinking of becoming more involved in the Union, the Introduction to Stewarding course is a good place to start. Fill out the Education Application form and return it to the CUPE Education Committee via firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is March 29, 2017.
BC Federation of Labour Health & Safety
The BC Federation of Labour is offering several Workshops on Health & Safety throughout British Columbia during the 2017 year. The workshops are:
- Occupational Health & Safety Committee Part 1
- Occupational Health & Safety Committee Part 2
- Improving Committee Effectiveness
- Supervisor OH&S Responsibilities Part 1
- Supervisor OH&S Responsibilities Part 2
- Incident Investigations
- Understanding & Conducting Risk Assessments
- OH&S Legislation Update
- Improving Return to Work Outcomes
- Accommodating Mental Health Issues
- Return to Work Program Development & Assessment
- Introduction to Occupational Health
- Prevention of Violence in the Workplace
- Emergency Preparedness
- Women’s Health & Safety in the Workplace
- Strains, Aches & Pains
- Bullying & Harassment
- Understanding & Implementing the New CSA Psychological Health Standard
- Stress in the Workplace
- Federal Health & Safety Committee & Supervisor Education
The BC Fed H&S Workshop Schedule for 2017 is on the last page of the brochure.
To apply for one of the workshops, please open and complete CUPE 716’s Education Application form
Members wishing to attend should have shown interest in their union by attending union meetings and have an interest in contributing to the good of the union membership through the workshops attended.
Once completed, applications should be sent to CUPE 716’s H&S representatives: Ian Hillman or Liz Foster, or can be sent via District mail to the CUPE office at Sea Island School.
Retirement Planning Workshop in Vancouver
CUPE BC is offering a Retirement Planning Workshop in Vancouver from April 20 – 22, 2017. These workshops are well worth attending to prepare for your years after work. If you are close to retiring or just wondering what pension income, etc. will be available to you when you do, you should attend one of these workshops. Before you attend, you do have to complete an Education Application form and to take the time away from work you would have to use holiday days.
If you have any questions please call the union office at 604-273-1651.