Upcoming Education Opportunities from CUPE BC:
- Registration for the Fall Weeklong School in Nanaimo is done online but part of the registration has to be done by the union office. Therefore we ask that anyone interested in attending, complete the Education Application and return it to the union office first. The Education Committee will then contact you to advise your next step.
Other CUPE BC Education Opportunities:
- Intro to Shop Steward Oct 12 & 13, 2017. This Workshop is for any member of the Local who may be interested in becoming a Shop Steward or is curious about what is involved in becoming a Shop Steward. An Education Application is required in order to attend.
- Retirement Planning November 16 – 18, 2017. This workshop would require the member to take vacation days on November 16 & 17 to attend. An Education Application is required in order to attend.
To register for either of these workshops, please complete the Education Application form and send it to the Union Office at Sea Island through the interoffice mail or scan your application and attach it to an email to email@example.com. If you have a question please call 604-273-1651 to reach your local’s office.
BC Federation of Labour is offering one day courses from September 26 – October 12 in Surrey. If you are interested in taking one of these courses, please complete the Education Application form and contact the Union office to let them know. The courses are:
- Tuesday, September 26 – Workplace Bullying & Harassment
- Wednesday, September 27 – Stress in the Workplace
- Thursday, September 28 – Accommodating Mental Health Issues
- Friday, September 29 – Implementing the New CSA Standard
- Tuesday, October 3 – Occupational Health & Safety Part 1
- Wednesday, October 4 – Occupational Health & Safety Part 2
- Thursday, October 5 – Improving Committee Effectiveness
- Thursday October 5 – Incident Investigations
- Friday, October 6 – Occupational Health & Safety Part 1
- Friday, October 6 – Understanding & Conducting Risk Assessments
- Wednesday, October 11 – Supervisor OH&S Responsibilities Part 1
- Thursday, October 12 – Supervisor OH&S Responsibilities Part 2
- Thursday, October 12 – Emergency Preparedness
- Thursday, October 12 – Prevention of Violence in the Workplace
BC Federation of Labour Health & Safety
The BC Federation of Labour is offering several Workshops on Health & Safety throughout British Columbia during the 2017 year. The workshops are:
- Occupational Health & Safety Committee Part 1
- Occupational Health & Safety Committee Part 2
- Improving Committee Effectiveness
- Supervisor OH&S Responsibilities Part 1
- Supervisor OH&S Responsibilities Part 2
- Incident Investigations
- Understanding & Conducting Risk Assessments
- OH&S Legislation Update
- Improving Return to Work Outcomes
- Accommodating Mental Health Issues
- Return to Work Program Development & Assessment
- Introduction to Occupational Health
- Prevention of Violence in the Workplace
- Emergency Preparedness
- Women’s Health & Safety in the Workplace
- Strains, Aches & Pains
- Bullying & Harassment
- Understanding & Implementing the New CSA Psychological Health Standard
- Stress in the Workplace
- Federal Health & Safety Committee & Supervisor Education
The BC Fed H&S Workshop Schedule for 2017 is on the last page of the brochure.
To apply for one of the workshops, please open and complete CUPE 716’s Education Application form
Members wishing to attend should have shown interest in their union by attending union meetings and have an interest in contributing to the good of the union membership through the workshops attended.
Once completed, applications should be sent to CUPE 716’s Education Committee members, Stacey Robinson and Deb Gray, or can be sent via District mail to the CUPE office at Sea Island School.